How do I change flight date on Air Canada
Is it possible to change flights at Air Canada?
Air Canada cares a big deal about the needs and requirements to give a memorable travel experience to travelers. The airline helps the passengers change the flight credentials and even the flight itself to meet the commitments of 100% traveler’s satisfaction. Air Canada can be the best choice if you want to embark on a luxurious and seamless journey to your next destination.
The airline understands your travel inconsistencies, and that is why it has provided flexible booking, cancellation, and change policies. Here can guide you efficiently if you cannot comprehend how do i change flight date on air canada. So, do not fret anymore if your travel plans have changed and you need to change your existing flight with a new one!
A detailed guide to change your flight at Air Canada
Follow the given steps, and you will be able to change your flight with Air Canada effectively:
- Use a search engine to browse the official site.
- Login to your Air Canada accounts using your credentials like ID and Password.
- Go to the My Bookings tab given on the page.
- Now, you are required to enter the reservation code followed by the passenger's last name as mentioned in the passport.
- Go for the editing part and make the necessary changes to get a flight.
- Review the details entered by you to be sure for your next flight.
- Proceed to the payment section, choose payment options and enter the credentials.
- After you pay the applicable charges, you become eligible to book your boarding pass.
These are the steps to follow if you are making flight changes using the airline's official website online. Also, to make your booking management process seamless and untroubled, the airline has introduced two other ways through which you can make the amendments- Self Service Kiosk Desk, at the Canada Ticket Booking Counter.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy
Now that you know how can I change my flight Air Canada, there are some essential pointers and policies to keep in mind before you make any changes to your existing flight:
- If making a flight change is necessary, your new Air Canada flight must fly within 12 hours of your request submission.
- If you want to know how much does it cost to change then Air Canada charges a considerable amount of $100 for flight change that will depart within 60 days and $25 for flights departing after 61 days of the request submission.
|Type||Cost of Change Fee|
|Basic Ticket||Not permitted|
|Standard Ticket||0–60 days approx USD 100 60+ days USD 25|
|Flex Ticket||0–60 days approx USD 50 60+ days USD 25|
|Comfort Ticket||0–60 days approx USD 25 60+ days USD 0|
|Latitude Ticket||USD 0|
|Premium Economy Ticket||USD 0|
|Business Ticket||USD 0|
|Award Ticket Ticket||approx USD 0–100|
|Same-Day Ticket||approx USD 0–100|
- If you are considering a more expensive flight option, you must pay the fare difference.
- To qualify for any flight changes, you must have booked your flight using the airline's official website or from any authorized Air Canada center.
- Your existing and new ticket must fit rightly with the rules and regulations set across by Air Canada if you do not want to pay any charges.
- You are not eligible to make any changes if your flight has already departed.
- If you fail to make any specific changes within 24 hours of the original booking, you might have to pay an additional fee.
- The additional charges depend on the route your flight is taking and the type of fare you have chosen.
- As per the flight change policy at Air Canada, passengers are allowed to make changes, and your fares will be waived off if you inform the airline as early as possible.
- The 24 hours change policy states that you can make changes to your existing flight without paying any charges within 24 hours from the booking.
- If you are using Air Canada physical ticket center or my Air Canada flight change at the airport, you will be charged an administration fee on behalf of the airline.
- As per the policy decided by the airline, you need to pay the applicable charges if you are making the same-day flight change.
- Your new flight must have the same number of interval stops as your previous flight.
- Also, you can exchange your Air Canada flight with another airline, but the condition here is the new airline must have an alliance with Air Canada.
- If Air Canada cancels your flight, you are not obliged to pay any fee. You are allowed to cancel your journey if you do not wish to continue with your journey.
Keep the mentioned points in mind before you look for the answer to how do i change flight date on air canada. Contact the Air Canada customer service number if you want additional knowledge about the flight change policy of the airline.
Most Popular Air Canada Change Flight Date Queries:
Is it possible to change an Air Canada flight for free?
Yes Air Canada allows the passengers to make changes in their flight for free if they complete the formalities within a set period ie bookings within 24 hours.
To change or reschedule Air Canada flight date for free follow given below steps:
1- Open https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/manage-bookings.html#/.
2- Retrieve your booking to change or cancel, click on retrieve booking.
3- Fill the booking reference/ticket number and passenger Name.
4- Now click on find and it will redirect you on your booking.
5- Now click on change flight or you can call OTA-1-802-209-3377.
Air Canada change flight policy is introduced to benefit travelers who are likely to face any inconsistencies in their travel itinerary. Some of the flight change policy is discussed as follows-
Make sure that the changed flight flies within 12 hours from the request submission if you are willing to make changes in your reservation at Air Canada. If the flight departs 60 days from the request submission, a traveler might have to pay around $100 to change their flight. However, if the flight is scheduled after 61 days from the request submission, the penalty decreases to $25. Also, if you are changing to a flight that is expensive compared to the previous one, you must pay the applicable fare difference.
As per the Air Canada change flight policy, you can only bring changes when you book a flight using the Air Canada website, ticket counter, or customer service. Moreover, you can make any changes for free if you do so within the first 24 hours of the original booking.
Can I change Air Canada flights online?
Yes, the Air Canada change flight policy states that you are allowed to make flight changes online. To proceed with your Air Canada flight changes, you need to visit the official Air Canada website and navigate the My Booking section given on the homepage. You need to provide some important credentials like the booking reference number and traveler’s surname, then click on the Find button.
Now you can see the details of the reserved flight; proceed further by clicking on the Edit option. Enter essential information to bring important changes and wait until the editing gets successful. If there are any applicable change penalties, pay them by choosing a payment method of your choice. Lastly, you receive an email confirming the flight change from Air Canada.
How late can I change a flight to Air Canada?
- If you booked the flight from the official website of Air Canada and want to know how late you can change it then changes in the bookings within 24 hours can do free of cost.
- If you want to make changes in the bookings after the free window and the time left on the boarding date is less than seven days, you need to pay charges, and these charges will vary according to the date of canceling the flight.
- Air Canada also provides a time for their passenger to make changes in the bookings on the boarding date. After that period, passengers will not be able to make changes in the bookings.
- In case of a medical emergency, like a passenger is having any issue with their health. Or, in case any medical emergency occurs, they will need to show the medical certificate to make a change in the flight.
If you booked the flight from any official representative, the passenger needs to contact them to make changes to the flight.
What happens if Air Canada changes my flight?
Suppose Air Canada changes its passenger’s flight on the boarding date or at any time. In that case, passengers are liable to get a complete refund, or Air Canada airlines are liable to arrange a new flight for their passenger to reach their final destination.
Is Air Canada waiving change fees?
The airline provides different types of services based on ticket type that you booked. Although every passenger has the right to change their flight for free during the initial 24-hours of the booking, few fares and membership status allow fee waiving.
But, as per the latest update, the airline will waive all change fees on Aeroplan flight reward starting from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2022.
Can I change my flight date once booked my Air Canada Flight ?
Yes! The airline lets you make changes to your already booked ticket if you booked through,
The Air Canada official website.
By using the airline's official mobile app.
Through the airline ticketing counter.
If so, you may make changes through the booking management tool provided by the airline.
- How do I get in touch with Latam Airlines?
- How do I Talk to Live Person at Air Albania?
- How can I upgrade my seats on Korean Airlines
- How do I contact at Breeze Airways?
- How do I claim back to Qantas Airlines
- What is Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy?
- How do I call Air France Customer Service?
- How do I change my Air France Flight Date?
- How do I book a Delta Flight to Amsterdam?
- When can I check in for my Breeze Airways Flight