How much is cancellation fee for Air Canada
Is there any flight cancellation fee at Air Canada?
If you are a frequent traveler, you know the drill of unforeseen situations and their effect on your itinerary. When things go out of control after you planned your vacation, the first thing that comes to mind is canceling booked tickets. Yes, canceling a flight can cost a considerable amount of money, and the process can be very complicated.
The Air Canada cancellation policy is meant to benefit you in different aspects. Here is sufficient to guide you on proceeding with the cancellation, eligibility for a refund, and the applicable cancellation charges.
Coronavirus cancellation updates at Air Canada
- In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Air Canada has updated its flight canceling policies to some extent:
- With Coronavirus cancellation updates, you are allowed to make changes or cancel your flight once without having to pay any amount.
- Refer to your booking provider to know the applied policies if you have booked your flight from a third party.
- If your Air Canada reservation is made by May 31, 2021, cancel or make amendments for once without a fee.
Air Canada Cancellation Fees
Regardless of the fare selected, all the passengers can cancel their reservations within 24 hours of the original booking made. Take reference from the given points to understand how much is cancellation fee for Air Canada:
- If you are booked with a Basic Economy fare at Air Canada, you might not be able to cancel your ticket after 24 hours of your booking.
- If you are canceling your flight because of military orders or due to the demise of your travel companion, you might be able to get a refund.
- You are required to pay around $200 to cancel your ticket if you are booked with any of the mentioned fares- Standard, Flex, Non-flexible business, and Premium Economy fare.
- Latitude and Flexible premium economy and business fares come in the category of fully refundable class.
- If you are booked with a Latitude or Flexible Premium ticket, you can cancel anytime before the flight's scheduled departure.
- For Air Canada award tickets, you have to pay a cancellation fee of $125 if you surpass the standard time limit set decided by the airline.
- If you wish to cancel your award ticket via the contact center of Air Canada, $150 is the applicable cancellation charge.
- Keep in mind the Air Canada cancellation fare policy before making cancelling your flight.
Steps to cancel your flight with Air Canada
Air Canada, to make your journey seamless and untroubled, has introduced several booking and cancellation policies. If your travel plans got changed and you need to cancel your Air Canada flight tickets, follow the given steps:
- From the Air Canada official page, log into your account by entering your credentials.
- Select the Manage Booking options and from there, go for the Cancel Booking link.
- Confirm and finalize your cancellation after you follow the instructions given by the airline.
- You can receive a confirmation email on the registered email id.
Lastly, the airline will send you the cancellation fee in the form of your original payment. Also, you might get a voucher if there are any remaining funds from the cancellation fee.
Air Canada Flight Change Policy
- Now that you know how much is cancellation fee for Air Canada, it is time to look for other feasible options. Take reference from the given points to know about the changed policy at Air Canada:
- If you have booked an Air Canada basic economy ticket, then you might be unable to change your flight after 24 hours of the initial booking.
- Air Canada charges about $100 if you change your flight after the standard time limit for the flight departing in the coming 60 days or less.
- If you are booked with Standard, Flex, and Comfort fare, you might have to pay around $25 to change your flight.
Make sure that you follow all the ground rules set across by the airline if you want to qualify for the refund on your canceled flight. Now you know how to deal with a changed plan and how much is cancellation fee for Air Canada, but be specific about the Air Canada fare rules and regulations. So, if you are worried and want to skip any cancellation charges, make sure that you book a refundable ticket with Air Canada.
- How do I contact Air Canada from India?
- Is Qantas a good Airline?
- Why are Delta Airlines so Cheap?
- Is Allegiant Airlines the same as Spirit Airlines?
- How do I check in Cebu Pacific Flight?
- What is the Cheapest Month to fly to New York?
- Are flights flying to Bali more Expensive Right Now?
- Where is the best place to go for New Year Evening in the USA 2023?
- What is the Best Seat to book a Flight?
- Is it cheaper to use a travel agent to book Flight or do it yourself?