Is Turkish Airlines ATOL Protected?
ATOL stands for Air Travel Organiser's Licence and is a Uk financial protection scheme that protects most of the holiday packages that travel agencies sell. Atol also protects many domestic flights within the UK. It was first introduced in 1973 as more and more people were opting for holiday travel plans.
If the travel business restricts business with ATOL, it still protects the people who have opted for an ATOL travel plan. In case the travel business shuts down its business before your departure, you will be eligible for a full refund against the scheme.
What does ATOL protect?
- ATOL is responsible for protecting most air packages sold by UK travel businesses.
- If you have booked a travel holiday package with a single travel firm, your flights, accommodation, and car hire are covered. In such situations where you do not receive your tickets after the booking, you are covered by ATOL.
- It mostly happens in the case of chartered flights or discounted flights where you have to pay for the ticket in instalments. ATOL, however, does not cover the tickets that are booked for a scheduled flight or flights booked offline through a third-party travel agent.
- Talking about whether ATOL protects Turkish Airlines or not, it's quite difficult to answer correctly as the airline never mentioned it anywhere. Besides, ATOL also does not mention this on its website. However, as there is no official proof available, you can consider that Turkish Airlines might not be ATOL protected.
In case you still wonder, Is Turkish Airlines Atol protected? You directly contact either the ATOL team, or you can speak to the Turkish Airlines representative to get the answers. You can use several options to reach out to Turkish Airlines and ATOL. You can also directly call on the customer service numbers given on the website, or you can chat or email using other modes of communication.
- How do I get in touch with Latam Airlines?
- How do I Talk to Live Person at Air Albania?
- How can I upgrade my seats on Korean Airlines
- How do I contact at Breeze Airways?
- How do I claim back to Qantas Airlines
- What is Allegiant Air Cancellation Policy?
- How do I call Air France Customer Service?
- How do I change my Air France Flight Date?
- How do I book a Delta Flight to Amsterdam?
- When can I check in for my Breeze Airways Flight